Forest Guardians Boffing Camp
Embark on an exciting journey into the realm of foam combat at our Forest Guardians Boffing Camp! Become a defender of the natural world as you train with sword and shield to compete in epic tournaments at our in-town location of Haw Creek Commons.
Foam Fighting, or Boffing, becomes a noble quest as campers don foam weapons and protective gear, stepping into the shoes of guardians tasked with protecting their forest home. Whether you’re a seasoned warrior or new to the world of foam combat, our skilled instructors will guide you through techniques and strategies, fostering a safe and spirited experience.
Immerse in the camaraderie of teamwork and the spirit of sportsmanship at our newest adventure. No prior experience necessary – just bring your enthusiasm and a noble spirit ready to safeguard the forest!
Ages: 8 – 12
June 24 – 28
July 8 – 12
July 22 – 26
August 5 – 9
Drop-off/Pick-up: This camp takes place at Haw Creek Commons, which is the only location available for drop-off & pick-up for Forest Guardians Boffing Camp.
Please pre-register each child separately with this form for the lottery by January 30th. Lottery notifications will be sent out January 31st, with registration windows opening February 1-5 with a limit of 2 camps per child. Open the toggle to read the full details below.
Open enrollment will begin February 6 with no limits and for those who did not register in the lottery.
New: Please separately reserve your spot(s) on the shuttle vans by adding them in the registration system. They show up as separate "camps" for each week. Open the toggle to read the full details below.
Camps fill fast. We offer payment plans and waitlists. Waitlists are activated frequently as family plans change. See which camps have open spots on our registration portal.
New Lottery Details
To help ease stress for both parents and administrators while lowering the number of families trying to access our registration system at the same time we are implementing a summer camp lottery and staggered registration system.
Lottery Sign-up Thru Jan. 30th
- Fill out the Lottery Form for EACH child you wish to enroll in summer camp.
- Deadline to submit your child’s name(s) for the lottery is Jan. 30th at midnight.
Lottery Registration Feb. 1st – 5th
- On the evening of Jan. 31st all lottery applicants will receive an email letting them know which day and time they’ll be given registration access.
- Registration access will come in the form of an email with a password that is good for that day.
- Thursday Feb. 1st begins the Lottery phase of registration.
- Families will be told specific time slots each day when registration will open to them.
- Each time slot will include a mix of returning families and new families.
- Once given access you can register ALL your kids at that time.
- During the Lottery phase of registration families are limited to 2 camps per child.
Open Enollment Begins Feb. 6th
- On Tuesday Feb. 6th we will transition from the Lottery phase to Open Enrollment, allowing anyone to register and removing the 2 camp per child limit. Families that didn’t sign-up for the Lottery by the Jan 30 deadline will have to wait until Open Enrollment to register for camp.
- If the camps you want are full, definitely sign up for that camps’ waitlist. We regularly have cancellations and pull from the waitlist, especially as we get closer to the start of summer.
New Shuttle Van Details
- Reserving a spot on our shuttle van is different this year.
- Shuttle vans provide transportation from our in-town location of Haw Creek Commons to our forested camp location of Shope Creek and back to Haw Creek Commons each day.
- The default drop-off/pick-up location for most camps (except Blacksmithing, Run Wild, and Boffing) will be directly at the camp location of Shope Creek.
- Shuttle van seats for each week of camp are listed as it’s own “camp” on the Camp Availability page.
- To save a seat in the shuttle van you MUST register for the Shuttle Van “camp” for each week of camp your child is attending at the same time you are registering for their actual camp.
- The Shuttle Van “camp” for each week will be clearly listed with the other camps for that week and will show if there are any seats still available.
- The Shuttle Van “camp” will have a waitlist available, but once the van is full we can’t guarantee more spots will open up and parents on the waitlist should be prepared to drop-off/pick-up at Shope Creek.
- If your child’s participation in camp is dependent on a seat in the van and the Shuttle Van is listed as full for a given week, we encourage parents to sign-up for a different week of camp.
Time: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Monthly payment plans are available
- $100 non-refundable deposit due at registration
- Limited Partial Scholarships available (see below)
Why Choose Forest Floor?
We help children have fun, be healthy, and achieve their fullest potential with nature connection mentoring.
- Health benefits of nature connection
- Learn wilderness skills & traditional crafts
- Meet new friends and reunite with old ones
- Unforgettable adventures every day
- Skilled and caring mentors
- Exciting wilderness experiences
- Convenient in-town drop-off & pickup
- Boost long term cognitive & social development
This program takes place at Haw Creek Commons, next to Haw Creek Elementary. Drop-off and Pick-up are right there. There is no van transportation.
Haw Creek Commons
315 Old Haw Creek Road, Asheville NC
8:30 – 9:00 am at Haw Creek Commons
3:00 – 3:30 pm at Haw Creek Commons
Clothing and Gear
Our programs are all-outdoors, with rain shelters available as needed. Children must arrive each morning fully prepared with a backpack, packed lunch, snack, full water bottle, and clothes appropriate for being out in the weather.
We offer limited partial scholarships to individuals who otherwise could not afford our programs.
If you are a family with means, please consider donating to our scholarship fund. Donations of a 1/4, 1/2, or FULL scholarship can be made during the standard registration process. For more substantial donations please contact us to discuss details.
Limited partial scholarships are available. Scholarship funds are generated exclusively from generosity of donations toward the scholarship fund. Scholarships are limited to the sum of these funds and are awarded based on equitable distribution. Full scholarships will be considered for families in great need, but most scholarship applicants should expect to pay at least half of tuition.
To apply for a scholarship FIRST please register for the program/camp, choose the payment plan option, and only pay a $100 deposit at time of registration.
AFTER RESERVING A SPOT, please follow the link below to fill out the application.
If your scholarship request can't be approved or isn't the amount of discount that you need, we will provide a full refund of the deposit.